Sunday, November 17, 2013

ESCAPADE 2013.

A mainstream title and a must-post on what happened during escapade.

So I'm from the District named Mountain and I'm in M2!

First day we went to tour SMA, EEE, MAE and ABE. Had orange hair (spray) as Mountain's identity.  First time as a facil. I don't know... Felt so overwhelmed by the awkwardness the first time I saw my kids. I tried to talk to them, but they just stared back at me. LOLOL. Okay, I'm guilty of that too when I was a camper/participant at these kind of events. It was sooooo awkward I became sooooo nervous. Good thing my partner was like a super siao on person. Forever engaging them.

Sorry, can't really remember much about Day One of Escapade cause of my stm. Only thing I remembered was that every station that I went to, I said hi to at least one of the helper. They were either from SPSU or helpers that I had small chats with during the dry run. HAHAHA.

When we said bye to my kids, I said to them "Remember to come tomorrow ah!!" and "Must  come tomorrow ah!" This experience that seniors told us, usually a lot of participants don't come back the next day so we got to try our best and encourage/entice them to come the next day. Texted my kids when I was home, telling them to rest early and to inform them of the reporting time tomorrow. And most of them replied me that they'll see me tomorrow!

Then we move on to Day Two. Wore our preddy flower headbands and used gel eye liner to draw our Mountain symbol/logo on our right cheek. SAW SHIYING. Photo duh. But she never send me. Meh. Alright.

I WAS SO HAPPY WHEN MY WHOLE GROUP CAME BACK!! Okay... except for one cause apparently he was a Malaysia. Toured hilltop, introducing the three schools to them in the order of CASS, DMIT and SB. Saw all Remus during the CASS activity and the SBA people during the SB activities. OH OH OH AND THE WRITER'S ROOM IS PROBABLY THE COOLEST ROOM IN HILLTOP. Slides and writable walls. But you got to take off your shoes before you get in. So when we were left with about a minute left before we had to leave the writer's room, Jerryl and I left the room first just to wear our shoes. Then the CASS helper who was in charge of bringing us around came out too. He looked at us, and he asked "High cuts ah?" HAHAHAHAH YEAH. Converse - shoes that you take more than 3 minutes to put on.

Alright then we had the night activities and yada yada I'm so tired and lazy to talk already. But yeah, it was my first time ever in my entire life being a facil for such event and it was definitely a memorable one! I'm still learning and getting the gist of things but I really enjoyed taking care and showing them the SP culture. Shall be lazy and just post my insta collage here too. Too troublesome to upload the pictures one by one. Oh btw, if you see the any nicely edited pictures below, Frederick (one of my kids) edited them. YAY HE EDITED MY EYEBAGS AWAY. Huehuehue.

Photo themes go in order of my kids and I (with Glen), Mountaineers, and others (old and new bonds forged) during escapade.


And looking at this picture again, it really gives me a warm feeling as I recall how all these pictures were taken. They all had a common point, and it was that my kids all gathered around me to take those photos.


Honestly felt meh when Aravin first allocated me to Mountain. However, I guess we just all need time after all, to get comfortable with one another. ;)


Top left picture showing Mountain DLs tau poking some ABE helper. And then I have my SPSU friends Louis Jiajun Zeyang. And CSS people! Shaowen (Zeyang too) Amanda and Zhimin (whom Amanda told me he was from CSS on the second day of escapade. HAHAHA).

K. Experiencing some withdrawal symptoms from escapade. Can't wait for SP Open House next year and Escapade 2014! Hope to be a better facil by then!

No comments: